Caritas delivers aid and supports development overseas, as well as advocating for justice in Aotearoa New Zealand and abroad. We aim to make a difference in the lives of people living with poverty or injustice.
Working with partners around the globe, and supported by thousands of New Zealanders, Caritas:
- promotes people-focused development in Africa, Asia and Oceania
- provides emergency support after major disasters
- provides skilled volunteers to serve development in the Pacific, through Mahitahi - Catholic Overseas Volunteers
- advocates to change structures that cause poverty in New Zealand and overseas
- educates and informs on the causes of poverty and injustice
- promotes action for real change