Communications & Marketing Assistant
- Broad Stakeholder Engagement
- Social Justice Focus
- Wellington | Part Time Position (0.5)
Caritas Aotearoa New Zealand is the Catholic Church’s agency for justice, peace, development and emergency relief. Caritas is inspired by the Gospel and Catholic social teaching, and has a long history of responding positively and proactively to poverty and injustice in the world. Caritas, affiliated to the 165 member Caritas Internationalis confederation, supports the work of partners in poor and marginalised communities, responds to disasters and carries out education and advocacy on local and global social justice issues. In its mission, Caritas seeks to demonstrate love in action.
- Support the preparation and design of regular publications to enable Caritas to communicate effectively with stakeholder groups;
- Assist with communications initiatives and play a leading role in maintaining Caritas’ digital and social media channels;
- Support appeals and campaigns work as well as donor relations activities;
- Have experience in publication design, web-based communication and social media engagement strategies;
- Be committed to the vision, mission and values of Caritas and understand the requirements of working in a diverse, faith-based environment;
- Demonstrate a commitment to social justice and the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and have the capacity to apply Catholic Social Teaching in working for justice and peace.
This is an exciting role in an organisation addressing poverty, advocating for environmental justice, partnering with indigenous peoples, responding to crises and connecting with communities. If you have a passion to make a meaningful difference, believe that you have what it takes to contribute to our team and are looking for an exciting new role we want to hear from you.
For more information contact Catharina Vossen at MICAH Partners on phone: (021) 884 749 or email your resume and covering letter to: email@example.com.